Monday, January 18, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I'm not very big on New Year's Resolutions. For the last few years come New Year's I look back on the year prior and think what I did and did not like about it. Then I think about the years ahead and what I would like to see. After doing those two things I think of ways to improve me and my life. I guess that is setting a resolution of sorts. I like to believe that that is better than saying this year I'm going to lose 10 pounds. Instead I say this year I am going to have a healthier lifestyle. This way come April when I haven't lost a pound I don't feel bad and I still move towards my goal of being healthier, whatever that means. Some of my evaluations lead me to more concrete decisions, none that come to mind at the moment.

So far this year I have made the decision to continue in having a closer walk with God and relying on my faith in Him to guide my life because relying on me hasn't gotten me too many great places. I've also decided to try harder in school, be nicer and more open to people I come across in life and of course treat others how I want to be treated, in the best way possible regardless of how they treat me and lastly to write more. I've wanted to write a book for longer than I can remember, not sure what about because I can't think of anything to write that people would want to read but I figure the first step is to get more comfortable writing. So here it goes...

No comments: